I'm Jo, a full time photographer with a custom built studio at home. I've been doing this "job" for 5 years now but I really don't see it like a job. I LOVE it! I have put sweat tears and passion into my little biz and I hope when you look at my work, it shows. Photography is such a personal thing, everyone has something different they want their photographer to achieve, so I may not be for you, and that is totally fine. But below I will provide a couple of pointers of what to look for when deciding upon your tog.
With a background as a Police officer for almost 12 years, I can whole heartedly say I prefer this role, Far less stress, I get to cuddle babies and attend the most precious happy moments of peoples lives for a living - What's not to love?
I am trained in baby safety practices for the new born side of things and can provide proof of insurances. My prices are transparent from the off with no hidden charges.
I would love to be a part of your big day, if you would like a no obligation chat, face to face or via skype/phone - drop me a message to arrange. (I advise face to face as cookies/cake is provided!)What to look for when choosing your Wedding photographer?
- As stated above - ask for proof of insurance
- Look at their work and make sure you like it
- Check they shoot on more than 1 camera (Imagine their only camera failing as you say "I Do"?)
- Ensure they shoot on numerous SD cards - again for the same reason as above - SD cards can corrupt, if that happens on the only SD card they use - you will have no images.
- Do they have a back up photographer friend to rely on in a worst case scenario on the day? sickness etc. who is standing in for them?
- ONLY pay a deposit until a week before - any photographer worth their salt will not require a full balance until the Wedding
- Have a couple of pre wedding consultations with them - get to know them - You don't need to be besties but enough so you are relaxed on the day with them.
- Lastly - although I could go on, have an engagement shoot - this helps massively on the day and allows the photographer to get a feel for how you both like to be captured.
Hope to speak soon,